We are committed to ensuring that Vodafone operates responsibly and ethically wherever we operate, supported by our corporate transparency programme.
On this page you’ll find all our report downloads and links to our transparency disclosures.
Vodafone Group sustainable business reporting
Our Annual Report 2020 provides detail on our sustainable business strategy, approach, focus areas and progress.
Our ESG Addendum 2020 provides more detailed information, including on our Sustainable Business governance processes, the scope and methodology of our reporting, alignment to GRI Standards and UNGC Communication on Progress.
Previous Sustainability Reports (17)
- Sustainable Business Report 2019
- Sustainable Business Report 2018
- Sustainable Business Report 2017
- Sustainable Business Report 2015-16
- Sustainable Business Report 2014-15
- Sustainable Business Report 2013-14
- Sustainable Business Report 2012-13
- Sustainable Business Report 2011-12
- Sustainable Business Report 2010-11
- Sustainable Business Report 2009-10
- Sustainable Business Report 2008-09
- Sustainable Business Report 2007-08
- Sustainable Business Report 2006-07
- Sustainable Business Report 2005-06
- Sustainable Business Report 2004-05
- Sustainable Business Report 2003-04
- Sustainable Business Report 2002-03
- Sustainable Business Report 2001-02
- Sustainable Business Report 2000-01
Our contribution to the UN SDGs
Through our local businesses, our sustainable business strategy, goals and programmes, and the work of the Vodafone Foundation, we estimate that we make the greatest impact on five of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Vodafone Green Bond
As part of its commitment to sustainability, Vodafone Group Plc has designed a Green Bond Framework under which it can issue Green Bonds. It details project eligibility, selection, the management of proceeds and reporting. Sustainalytics, a provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) research and analysis, has provided a second-party opinion on the framework. In 2020, Vodafone released its Green Bond Report detailing the allocation of funds and their impact.
Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
We are committed to taking appropriate steps to ensure that everyone who works for Vodafone – in any capacity, anywhere in the world – benefits from a working environment in which their fundamental rights and freedoms are respected. In our Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement, we report on our efforts to prevent modern slavery in line with the requirements of the UK Modern Slavery Act (2015).
Conflict Minerals Report
We are members of, and involved in, industry initiatives such as the Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) in order to improve transparency in supply chains. If we can influence the design or manufacture of products, we try to ensure that they do not contain metals and minerals that fund conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo. We provide further details of our approach to this issue in our statutory Conflict Minerals Report.
Previous Conflict Minerals Reports (6)
Tax and our total economic contribution
We are one of the only communications companies in the world to report our total taxation and economic contribution to society voluntarily for each country in which we have a legal entity. Our disclosures are made on a cash paid and by country basis.
Digital rights and freedoms
Our disclosures on matters regarding digital human rights include information on our policies and principles related to government access to customer data, as well as our principles on freedom of expression and insights into the issues surrounding network censorship and the digital rights of the child.
Gender pay gap
We believe our strong commitment to diversity is a source of business strength and welcome public focus on the need for a significant increase in women’s leadership of organisations. In this report, we present the gender pay gap data for our UK businesses and summarise the programmes that are designed to enhance our overall gender balance.
Our research enables us to understand the challenges that face our customers and society, as well as identifying the opportunities for mobile to help to address them. Read our research reports on topics including women, agriculture, work and the environment.
- Vodacom’s Mum & Baby service in South Africa
- Connected Women
- Making Broadband Accessible For All
- Connected Farming in India
- Carbon Connections
- Africa:The Impact of Mobile Phones
- Towards a more equal world: the mobile internet revolution
- Connected Agriculture
- Economic empowerment through mobile
- Connected Worker
- India: The Impact of Mobile Phones